Monday, January 31, 2011

Money Making Tip of the Day: Sell Your Aluminum Cans


I know it sounds simple, but try it out. In most states you can get 5 cents per can. Even if you live in a state that doesn't sponsor a buyback program (as I do), there are still many private companies that will buy those old cans from you. Just think about it, you can get $1.20 from drinking that 24 pack of Bud Light that you burned through, or 60 cents from that 12 pack of pop/soda/coke (depending on what part of the country you're from). I know it's not a lot, but hey, it's free money! Plus, it can add up quickly. On my very healthy college diet, I am able to go through a 24 pack in a week. If I go that route for 30 weeks of the year (which, sadly, is very likely), I can end up cashing in on $36 over the year. I am also an avid soda drinker, and easily go through a 12 pack each weak, which can end up netting me just over $30 each year. You might as well try it out! Just think how stoked you are to find a 5 dollar bill in your pocket. Multiply that excitement by 6, and you get the amount of joy you get from following this tip (not really, but you will end up with 6X as much cash!). Also, while you're at it, please pull your tabs off of all your cans and donate them to the Ronald McDonald house. They have an awesome charity going on there, and you can read more about it by clicking the picture below. Happy can crushing!


No comments:

Post a Comment