I like to consider myself a money saving expert because I have two things going for me: I'm a college student and I'm Scottish. I am hard-wired to be cheap and have figured out many ways to help people out with money saving, as well as how to make money quickly and easily.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Money Saving Myth of the Day: Using a Higher Octane Fuel Will Get You Better Fuel Economy
Premium Fuel costs more, therefore it gives you better fuel economy, right? Wrong. When you pay for premium fuel, you aren't paying for a fuel that burns more efficiently. Rather, you are paying for a fuel that burns at a higher temp, thus giving you that extra kick to go from 0-60 much faster. So, if you buy Premium Fuel for your car that doesn't require High Octane fuel, all you're doing is giving your car a bit more "zip". In other words, you're paying more money for something that you don't really need. So don't fall for the hoax. Buy the lowest octane possible for your car.
Labels:
Frugal,
Gas Saving Tips,
High Octane Fuel,
Myth,
Premium Fuel,
Save Money,
Save on Fuel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment